This corporation is organized and operated exclusively for one or more of the following purposes: charitable, educational, scientific and/or religious, including, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
The specific purpose for which this corporation is organized is to help mentally challenged adults to integrate into the community through educational training programs that are designed to help them continue their social development through various forms of creative media and arts.
The activities of the organization are:
- Educational training program;
- Fundraising activities;
- Administrative activities;
- Public relations.
- Educational training program:
Dream Young Arts & Media will help our program participants learn to safely interact with their communities through music, social networking programs, and basic educational skills, i.e., telling the time, counting funds, budgeting, filmmaking, etc.
The program consists of a variety of activities from basic to advanced life skills training. The organization aims to provide a place where individuals with disabilities feel free to socialize, develop their talents, and learn social skills to help them live independently in society.
Dream Young Arts & Media will maintain training programs in the following areas:
- Elementary Academics – is based on an initial skill assessment test; the program participants will learn reading, writing, and math skills.
- Computer Training – instructors administer a program designed to expose developmentally challenged persons to computers.
- Social Skills and Community Awareness Development – classes are designed to foster independence in society, with an emphasis on money tendering, employment, and utilization of public transportation.
- Physical Education – training on personal hygiene, nutrition, and the human body. As part of health awareness, the participants learn exercises for staying physically fit.
- Arts and Media – a program that exposes clients to arts and media. The participants will participate in training designed to promote individuality and special skills in music and media fields.
The program develops life skills through hands-on training, video tutorials, lectures and real world application.
Dream Young Arts & Media will offer a few different programs, such as everyday basic skills, vocational skill training, and social networking skills. We are focusing on helping the program participants to develop basic reading, math, budgeting, Internet safety, and critical thinking skills needed in today’s society. During their time with the organization their progress will be analyzed in order to continue and focus efforts made to develop independency skills for life.
Our programs will include basic funds calculations, transactions in the community, and basic computer literacy. Those interested in vocational skill training will be screened to determine which type of development program is needed. Once the screening is finished, our staff will create a curriculum for that individual.
Social networking is a part of our daily lives, so Dream Young Arts & Media wants to introduce it to our participants in a safe control environment. The organization will use its website to accomplish this goal. Dreamyoung.org is a social networking website that is geared towards keeping a safe and interesting online site for individuals who share common goals and interests. The organization will also provide music writing and production program, as well as a documentary film program for those interested.